LOUISVILLE, KY (WDRB) -- We're hearing first-hand today the panic, fear, and confusion from LG&E employees after a workplace murder-suicide. It was Louisville's first workplace shooting in several years. The phone calls take you right inside the center of the chaos on the Tuesday afternoon of July 5th. Police say Billy Davis, a 31-year employee with LG&E, walked into work on Jennings Lane with a gun. His target was a supervisor, Andre Johnson. Employees hear the shots, reach for the phone and dial 911.

Caller 1: "We need the ambulance and the police....Yes, ma'am. Somebody's been shot."

The first caller is out of breath. He's not close to Johnson's office but describes the scene around him.

Caller 1:  "All I know is we've got people that are running to him right now so I don't know what's going on."

Another employee also calls for help.

Caller 3: "One of our supervisors has been shot."

In the chaos he thinks the shooter is still alive.

911 Operator: "Ok, tell me exactly where the shooter is at right now. Do you know?"

Caller 3: "I don't know. He has left the site from what they're telling me."

911 Operator: "Ok, we're enroute."

911 operators radio the information to officers heading to the scene.

Officer: "So yeah, they're now advising they have two people down. Unknown where the shooter went. He left the facility. One of the weapons is supposed to be laying by the people."

The first caller hands the phone to a supervisor, who explains Davis has shot himself.

Caller 2: "No pulse or anything. They're both gone."

911 Operator: "Ok, two people are shot?"

Caller 2: "A homicide and then a suicide."

911 Operator: "Two people are shot?"

Caller 2: "Yes."

Caller 3: "They said there's two shots to the head."

911 Operator: "Is he breathing or conscious? Do you know?"

Caller 3: "No, they're saying... they're telling me no."

Employees try to keep each other away from the gruesome scene.

Caller 3: "I went to go in there and said 'Don't go in there. There's no need to.'"

Caller 2: "Oh my God. I can not believe this. It's bad."

When officers arrive to the substation, they quickly talk to employees.

Officer: "I have a witness. We are 100% positive that it's self-inflicted to the shooter. There's no shooter or gunman running about in the building."

Davis' family says he had a difficult working relationship with Johnson, claiming he was verbally abusive and treated Davis unfairly. They believe Davis simply snapped because management didn't deal with the complaints.