1. Promotion Description. The "WDRB in the Morning Apple-A-Day Giveaway" is administered by WDRB-TV/WMYO-TV (hereinafter "WDRB"), 624 W. Muhammad Ali Blvd., Louisville, KY 40203, and Synergy Rehab (hereinafter "Sponsor"). The promotion begins at 5 a.m. EDT on Jan. 30, 2014 and ends at 9 a.m. EDT on Feb. 26, 2014. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents in the WDRB viewing area who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Block Communications, WDRB-TV/WMYO-TV, Synergy Rehab, or companies and suppliers providing services and/or prizes to WDRB and/or Sponsor, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
Participants who have won a prize from WDRB/WMYO within the past six months are ineligible.
3. How to Enter. Participants must watch the WDRB in the Morning newscast from 5 to 9 a.m. between Jan. 30 and Feb. 26, look for a code word that will be announced several times during the 4-hour newscast, and be prepared to call the station when the phone number is announced. Participants will be asked to call 502-588-CHAT (502-588-2428).
A different code word will be announced each day.
4. Prize(s). A total of twenty-eight (28) Apple products will be given away in a 28-day period between Jan. 30, 2014 and Feb. 26, 2014, including:
Prizes may not be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. WDRB and Sponsor reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
Winners are responsible for claiming their prizes from the station. Winners must present proper identification (either a driver's license or state-issued ID card) and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility.
The value of each prize is as follows:
Total combined retail value of all prizes: $6,966.32.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Prizes will be awarded to the participant(s) that calls 502-588-CHAT (588-2488) after the code word has been announced and the Apple tone has been sounded. The code will be announced throughout the newscast between 5 a.m. and 9 a.m. weekdays, and between 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. on weekends, during the period of Jan. 30, 2024 and Feb. 26, 2014.
In order to win, participants must: 1) Be the correct sequential caller (i.e., fifth caller); and 2) have the correct code word. A different code word will be announced several times throughout each WDRB in the Morning newscast during the promotion. A tone will sound once during the newscast and the phone number will display on the screen. If a participant is the correct caller, but does not have the correct code word, additional calls will be accepted until the correct word is given.
NOTE: Participants can win only once during this promotion.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of people who call the station in the right sequence after the phone number is announced.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. Winners and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and Affidavit of Eligibility within one week of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WDRB will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one-year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099. WDRB reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WDRB has the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases WDRB and Sponsor, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WDRB at any time. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WDRB and Sponsor are final and binding. WDRB and Sponsor reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process, or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. WDRB and Sponsor further reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned.
10. List of Winners. A list of winners will be available upon request.