NEW ALBANY, Ind.  (WDRB) -- Police may be finished digging Clyde Gibson's backyard, but they still have more locations to search in the case of the possible serial killer.

They found "nothing" after another search of the Woodbourne Road property Monday.

The search for any more human remains lasted but two hours; however, the searchers knew right where to look.

Alert neighbors said police and anthropologists pulled up to Clyde Gibson's house about 2-30 Monday afternoon.

"It looked like a caravan. The van and the students and police cars and all that," Larry Robb said.

They spent two hours in the backyard digging for more human remains.

It's the same backyard where police recovered Stephanie Kirk's body -- and where officers searched repeatedly in the last three weeks with ground penetrating radar and a cadaver dog.

"We were unable to locate anything. It's possible that the cadaver dog may have hit on the odor of decomposition from the previous find out here a couple of weeks ago," said New Albany police Maj. Keith Whitlow.

Officers used two portable canopies, turned on their sides, to shield the backyard from the public -- and reporters.

One could see plenty of narrow digging near a concrete deer lawn ornament.

The anthropologists from University of Indianapolis included a professor and students to examine the ground.

"They don't waste a lot of time. They know what they're doing, and they know how to evaluate the soil," Whitlow said.

Whitlow said officers still have other locations to search for clues, though he would not say where.

Neighbors are weary of folks walking into the Gibson backyard for a first-hand look.

The yellow tape is still there for a reason.

The property still is a "no-trespassing" crime scene, even if police aren't present.

"There's been people nibbing around, intruders or whatever. Inquisitive, but yeah, it's kind of gotten out of hand in the neighborhood," Robb said.  "I just think it's... getting very old for the neighbors out here."

Major Whitlow said officers likely won't return to the home Tuesday.

Gibson remains in jail, held without bond.

He's charged already with two murders, and likely to be charged with Stephanie Kirk's death.

Previous coverage from Monday:

LOUISVILLE, KY. (WDRB) -- Police in New Albany are once again searching the home of suspected serial killer William Clyde Gibson, but say they have found few if any new clues.

Maj. Keith Whitlow with the New Albany Police Dept. says officers and a team of anthropology students from the University of Indianapolis spent Monday digging in Gibson's backyard.  Whitlow said they were focusing on sites that appeared suspicious due to a cadaver dog's reactions recently and readings taken from a radar device that examined the dirt in Gibson's yard.

Whitlow said the dog may have responded to hints of decomposition that were still present after police recovered the body of murder victim Stephanie Kirk, and that could be why little new information was discovered Monday.  He says investigators are not likely to return to Gibson's home Tuesday, but that police do intend to search other sites.  He would not say when.

During the search New Albany Police blocked off Woodbourne Drive.  Two tarps were put up along the fenced-in backyard, so neighbors can't see what's going on, although several people could be seen digging there.  Those tarps have since been removed, and officers wrapped up their work as of 4:30 Monday afternoon.

The remains of Stephanie Kirk were found in the backyard of Gibson's New Albany home last month, but he hasn't been charged with her death.  

Gibson is charged with murdering 75-year-old Christine Whitis and 53-year-old Karen Hodella.  Police say Whitis was found inside Gibson's home last month, and Hodella's body was discovered near the Ohio River in Clarksville in January 2003.

Just last week, the New Albany Police Department reassigned members of the department's FLEX unit, which normally investigates drug crimes, to the case, along with officers from the Traffic Unit and Patrol Division.

It has also been receiving advice and support from the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit in Quantico, Virginia. 

NAPD says investigators have been following up on leads in the Gibson case from as far away as 800 miles.

Copyright 2012 WDRB News.  All Rights Reserved.