This article was originally distributed via PRWeb. PRWeb, WorldNow and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
SOURCE: The Wharton School
Graduation Keynote, Host of the Emmy® Award-Winning “The Dr. Oz Show,” Provides Lessons for Work, Life
Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) May 14, 2012
Who: The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania’s MBA graduation ceremonies yesterday featured keynote speaker, Dr. Mehmet Oz, the two-time Emmy® Award-winning host of the Emmy® Award-winning and nationally syndicated “The Dr. Oz Show.” Dr. Oz is also Vice-Chair and Professor of Surgery at Columbia University and a best-selling author.
What: Dr. Oz was introduced by Wharton Dean Thomas S. Robertson, who noted to the more than 900 MBA recipients and hundreds of their family members, “Optimism is an undervalued commodity. Indeed it is the fuel of human progress.” Dr. Oz greeted the audience by saying, “Graduation is a time to reflect on the meaning of success and what will make you happy.” He then highlighted his “Top Ten Tips for Success and Happiness.” They are as follows:
10. Every day feel productive and challenged in a way tailor made for your unique desires and strengths.
9. Generate an expertise in an area other than the profession in which you earn your living.
8. Develop a system for living your life, meeting challenges and evaluating opportunities.
7. Find a mentor, evaluate their strengths and weaknesses, and copy their positive attributes.
6. Whatever you choose, do it fully with a passion and child-like enthusiasm.
5. No one is a jerk on purpose. Let people surprise you.
4. Recognize relationships need to keep growing and partners should positively influence each other.
3. Never forget that the body is the temple of the soul.
2. Live in the present. Yesterday is history and tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why they call it the present.
1. Make the driving force in your life love, even more than wisdom. Humans die, not of darkness, but of cold.
Where: View video of the 2012 Graduation including Dr. Oz’s speech online here”
To access Wharton graduation press releases, background information and more, visit the Wharton
Graduation page here: http://www.wharton.upenn.edu/events/graduation2012/
About the Wharton School
The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania— founded in 1881 as the first collegiate business school — is recognized globally for intellectual leadership and ongoing innovation across every major discipline of business education. The most comprehensive source of business knowledge in the world, Wharton bridges research and practice through its broad engagement with the global business community. The School has 5,000 undergraduate, MBA, executive MBA, and doctoral students; more than 9,000 annual participants in executive education programs; and an alumni network of 88,000 graduates.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebDrOzWharton/GradQuotes/prweb9507015.htm