Being ready to learn makes starting Back-to-School much easier. In our School Smarts report, Keith Kaiser is Learning how to Learn at Langsford Learning Center.
Some simple tips to help "Learning How to Learn"
1) Set up a study area dedicated to learning.
2) Choose age appropriate books. Be sure to consider the interests of the students, check the back of the book for information, look at websites that review books and discuss reading levels and remind students to create pictures in their minds while they read.
3) There are seven ways to know your child is learning to read the hard way: Parents who know how to "read the signs" can catch their child before any habits become ingrained. To learn more about the signs, click here.
4) What steps should you take if you think your child is not learning how to learn.
1. Understand what is going on yourself
2. Conference with your teacher
3. Assessment measure and learn how your child learns
The Langsford Learning Acceleration Centers
2520 Bardstown Road
Louisville, KY 40205
211 Towne Park Circle
Louisville, KY 40243
For information, click here.