The taste of Italy come together in a quick one-dish dinner.
Kroger Chef Paul Dowell is showing how to put together a mix of fresh and pantry items to create his Balsamic Glazed Chicken Tortellini.
Balsamic Glazed Chicken Tortellini
Makes 4-6 Servings
2-6 oz. Grilled Chicken Breasts (sliced)
2-8 oz. pkgs. Wholesome @ Home Cheese Tortellini, from Kroger Deli dept.
1 cup + 2 Tbl. Kroger Balsamic Dressing
½ tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
½ cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes, from Kroger Deli Olive Bar (julienned)
½ cup Canned Quartered Artichoke Hearts (drained well)
¼ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
¼ cup Green Onions (sliced thin)
1. Grill heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
2. Put the 2 tablespoons of balsamic dressing & chicken breasts in a large zip plastic bag. Seal the bag & toss ingredients to coat well. Marinate chicken 10-20 minutes.
3. Preheat grill or stove-top grill pan to medium-high heat. Grill chicken breasts about 5-7 minutes on each side. Use an internal meat thermometer, the thickest portion of the breasts should read 165°. Remove chicken to a cutting board to cool slightly & then slice.
4. Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in cheese tortellini and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through but is still slightly firm, about 3 to 5 minutes, drain tortellini.
5. In a large sauté pan over a medium-heat flame, bring balsamic dressing & crushed red pepper to a boil. Add in tortellini, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, & grilled chicken. Toss mixture together well until heated all the way through (about 5-7 minutes).
6. At the last minute, toss pasta together with parmesan cheese & green onion.
7. Serve immediately with some hot crusty French bread for a quick & delicious dinner.