LOUISVILLE, Ky. --- 2nd-ranked Louisville held its second red-white scrimmage Sunday at the KFC Yum! Center, with the red team winning 85-74, but the score was among the developments of less importance on this day.
Here are the notes from this one:
- Prior to the scrimmage, Louisville held its media day. Star forward Chane Behanan was not made available, and media was told he wouldn't be doing interviews for the remainder of the Fall Semester. After the red-white scrimmage, Rick Pitino said Behanan is suspended for the first exhibition against Pikeville for summer 'incidents', of which Pitino did not specify, only saying they weren't a big deal (but Behanan was warned and rules were broken).
- Peyton Siva left in the first half with a left ankle injury and did not return. Siva was able to walk off on his own power but had the ankle iced. Pitino told the crowd on the microphone at the Yum! Center, as well as the media afterwards, the ankle injury is only a 'minor sprain'.
- In Siva's absence, George Mason transfer and fellow co-captain Luke Hancock played point guard for the red team. Hancock had a game-high 29 points (7-13 FG, 4-4 3FG, 11-12 FT) and six assists. Hancock also added five rebounds, despite being face-guarded fiercely by Russ Smith all game.
- Other red team leading scorers: Kevin Ware (22), Montrezl Harrell (20), Angel Nunez (8)
- White team leading scorers: Russ Smith (20), Wayne Blackshear (15), Chane Behanan (13), Gorgui Dieng (11), Tim Henderson (11)
Post-game reaction and highlights in the video above.