Follow the WDRB Newsroom, Reporters and Anchors.More >>
Tweets from the WDRB Newsroom, Reporters and Anchors.More >>
GEORGETOWN, Ind. (WDRB) -- Firefighters have extinguished a blaze at a home on Seneca Drive near East Whiskey Run Road in Georgetown, Indiana.
Six people were in the home when the fire started around 7 a.m. One person told us he was in the shower and that his sister banged on the door to warn him the house was on fire. All six people inside made it out safely.
A total of four departments responded and a tanker truck was brought in because of the home's rural location.
Based on preliminary investigation, fire officials say it looks like the blaze may have started in the chimney.
Most of the roof over the house and garage appears to have been destroyed.