Follow the WDRB Newsroom, Reporters and Anchors.More >>
Tweets from the WDRB Newsroom, Reporters and Anchors.More >>
Hypnotism is surrounded by myths and misconceptions. Louisville World Hypnotism Day is Friday, January 4. A free seminar explores how hypnosis can be used as a tool for growth.
Diane Carlin, a certified hypnotherapist, says hypnotherapy can help you relax and manage stress. Hypnotism can also help you kick a bad habit, like smoking. The key is to really want to kick a habit. Hypnotism cannot force you to do anything you don't want to.
Carlin and Rebecca Geracitano, also a certified hypnotherapist, shared their list of 10 tips to help you distress after the holidays.
1. Take time out to sit back and practice deep yogic breathing. Do ten sets of inhaling and exhaling.
2. Make a gratitude list.
3. Create a list positive affirmations and think of them often.
4. Do a 3 minute meditation. 1 minute if deep breathing, I minute of focusing on a positive quality or affirmation, and 1 minute of gratitude.
5. Take some time during the weekend following the holiday for yourself; to do something you want to do that feeds you; even if it's just sitting quietly.
6. Use this affirmation about self judgments: "I am always doing the best I can".
7. Don't weigh yourself for at least a week and start back on healthy eating and exercise immediately.
8. If you had a great 2012, expect more of the same. If events in 2012 weigh you down, expect a better more joyful and prosperous 2013!
9. What you focus on multiplies, be it good or bad. Choose to focus on the good!
10. Move more and more of your thoughts to peace, non judgment, acceptance and kindness.
Since its conception in 2005, hypnotism professionals in 22 countries have participated in supporting World Hypnotism Day.
Louisville World Hypnotism Day is Friday January 4, 2013. There will be three Louisville Hypnotist, including Carlin and Geracitano, on hand for a free informational meeting. It will run from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. at the Rainbow Blossom 2nd floor Community Room, Highlands, 3046 Bardstown Road, Louisville, KY 40205.