Sunday, December 8 2013 11:06 PM EST2013-12-09 04:06:26 GMT
MT. WASHINGTON, Ky. (WDRB) -- According to jail records, Nicholas Bain was arrested and charged with terroristic threatening on Dec. 7 after he allegedly planned a shooting at a Bullitt County elementary school.More >>
According to jail records, Nicholas Bain was arrested and charged with terroristic threatening on Dec. 7 after he allegedly planned a shooting at a Bullitt County elementary school. More >>
Monday, December 9 2013 9:54 AM EST2013-12-09 14:54:27 GMT
LOUISVILLE, Ky., (WDRB) -- Six times during an armed robbery trial last December, defense attorney Frank Jewell asked Louisville Metro Police Det. Derrick Leachman whether he took photos at the crime scene. SixMore >>
Police have turned over to prosecutors a list of 26 officers whose credibility could be called in to question at trial.More >>
Saturday, December 7 2013 8:44 PM EST2013-12-08 01:44:33 GMT
Cancellations for church services, child care services and community events due to wintry weather. This is separate from Snow Fox school and large business closings listed on the home page.More >>
Running list of cancellations for church services, child care services and community events due to wintry weather. This is separate from Snow Fox school and large business closings also prominent on the home page here.More >>
Sunday, December 8 2013 9:30 PM EST2013-12-09 02:30:48 GMT
LOUISVILLE, Kent. (WDRB) --- Bowl selections became official Sunday, and the opponent many of the Louisville football players said they were hoping for will be the team the Cardinals face in the RussellMore >>
It's the opponent Louisville wanted in the Russell Athletic Bowl...the U!More >>
Follow the WDRB Newsroom, Reporters and Anchors.More >>
Tweets from the WDRB Newsroom, Reporters and Anchors.More >>
Making decorations can be one of the best part about crafting for any Holiday. A fun and easy to make wreath and a felt Valentine's Day card holder are just two creative crafts from Craft E Magee and D. I. Y. Louisville's Julee Lair.
Valentine's Day Wreath
Heart form base
Twist ties (to make the handmade bow)
Burlap fabric (Scrap pieces, maybe a 1/2 yard)
1. First, place the dowel rod on top of the base and mark the four spots where the arrow will pass (left outside, left inside, right inside, right outside) with a pen. Using the pen, or knitting needle, or other object, start the holes in each side of the heart form. Push the dowel through.
2. Cut a thin strip of burlap fabric and tape/glue the end to the back of the heart and begin wrapping tightly around the heart. Remove the dowel to wrap all the way around. If you run out, just cut a new strip of burlap and begin wrapping where you left off. I used three pieces of burlap to wrap this heart. When you have covered the entire heart form, tuck in the end on the back and secure with glue.
3. Find the holes in the Styrofoam underneath the burlap and cut through for the wooden dowel. Insert the dowel through the heart.
4. Once you have the dowel rod in place, you can turn it into Cupid's Arrow!
5. Cut two triangles from felt for the arrow end. Cut a rectangle that is 4x7 inches. Fringe both ends of the rectangle and fold in the center.
6. Hot glue the slanted sides of the triangles together. Let cool. Now glue the bottom of the triangle onto the end of the dowel rod.
7. Wrap the fringed piece around the other end of the arrow and tie on with another piece of felt.
8. You can use glitter to accent the felt pieces on the arrow to make it sparkle.
9. Once the arrow is finished, add the bow to the wreath.
10. I made a big puffy bow and then added another one in a different pattern. To finish the wreath, I put a red painted wooden heart in the center of the bow.
11. The last thing to do is tie another piece of burlap to the top of the heart to hang it up. Happy Valentine's Day.
Felt Valentine Card Holder
This Valentine tote is perfect for carrying little love notes and sweet treats on Valentine's Day.
One sheet of 8.5x11 felt
An optional small piece of felt for embellishment
1. Cut two identical heart shapes from your felt plus two strips for the handles. From one sheet of felt I was able to cut 2 hearts approximately 5.5 inches across, and 2 strips sized 1.5x11.
2. Mark the center point of your heart, and then mark 1-inch up both sides, stopping near the top.
3. So that your holes will line up evenly, flip your hearts so that right sides are facing, and use a hole punch to cut circles at each 1-inch mark. Do the same for the strips, making sure the number of holes are even.
4. Starting at the bottom center, line your side strip up with your heart. Use your ribbon to stitch the pieces together with a whip stitch (a basic over-and-over stitch). Leave a tail of ribbon so you can tie off when you're finished.
5. When you reach the top, cross the ribbon over and whip stitch back down the other side. Using the same piece of ribbon, attach the second side strip the same way. You will start at the same bottom center hole as the first strip.
6. Once both sides are completed, tie off your end at the bottom with either a bow or a knot.
7. Stitch or use a fabric glue to attach your handle at the top. Add your embellishment.
You can create Valentine cards from recycled materials provided by Good Garbage.
This event is FREE and all materials will be provided. However, feel free to bring with you any of the following: Scissors, Valentine themed paper punches, Valentine stamps, favorite Valentine scrap paper, glue stick.
There will be a craft materials swap table set up. If you have any craft materials that you no longer want, bring them to swap with some new materials. Any materials not claimed at the end of the evening will be donated to Good Garbage: Center for Creative Reuse. Light refreshments will be provided.
This event will be held at the Iroquois Library, 601 Woodlawn, Louisville, KY 40215. Parking for the library is on the street in front of the building, or on 6th street. The meeting room is located in the basement.