It's Valentine's Day and you need to come up with a gift fast. Keith Kaiser asked for help from the folks at The Bakery at Sullivan University.
The best thing to do is create a gift that is thoughtful, quick and easy. Chocolate dipped strawberries can be a great gift you do yourself.
Arranging your own flowers in a creative vase adds a personal touch. You can easily make a scotch tape grid over the opening of a jar or bottle and arrange flowers by placing inside the grid.
Making easy desserts like bourbon balls or raspberry lemon trifles really says "I Love You". All ideas you can do before tonight to keep you on your Valentine's good side.
2Lb Dark Chocolate
1 ½ cups Heavy Cream
1 ½ cup Bourbon
12oz. White Cake
Dark Coating Chocolate
1) Heat cream to steaming in a saucepan over medium high heat.
2) Pour over dark chocolate in a large mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap for at least 15 minutes.
3) In a separate bowl, crumble white cake and mix in bourbon.
4) Stir chocolate and cream mixture until well blended. This is ganache.
5) Add the white cake mixture to the chocolate ganache and stir until blended.
6) Cover and place in the refrigerator until the ganache mixture is set up (about 2 hours).
7) Melt dark coating chocolate.
8) With a scoop, form the desired size ball from the ganache mixture.
9) Dip the ganache ball in the coating chocolate to cover. Let the excess run of and set on parchment paper until it is set.
624 W. Muhammad Ali BlvdLouisville, KY 40203