Shively apartment fire sends woman to the hospital - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Shively apartment fire sends woman to the hospital

Posted: Updated:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A woman was hospitalized after an apartment fire in Shively early Monday.

The fire started shortly after midnight on a stove in an apartment on Appleton Road in Shively.

Firefighters say a woman was trying to take burning food outside but dropped it on the living room floor.

One wall then caught fire. The woman was taken to the hospital for minor burns and smoke inhalation.

Only one apartment was damaged.

Copyright 2013 WDRB News. All Rights Reserved.

  • Closed CaptioningMore>>

  • Closed Captioning Message

    Thanks to a grant from Norton Healthcare, this story and others are available in real-time closed captioning on WDRB.
    Thanks to a grant from Norton Healthcare, this story and others are available in real-time closed captioning on WDRB.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WDRB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.