Thursday, May 23 2013 10:52 AM EDT2013-05-23 14:52:35 GMT
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Louisville Metro Police say someone was stealing yard signs Wednesday night. The thefts took place from yards near the corner of Baringer Avenue and Willow Avenue, near the intersectionMore >>
Louisville Metro Police say someone was stealing yard signs Wednesday night.More >>
Thursday, May 23 2013 11:33 AM EDT2013-05-23 15:33:46 GMT
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) – Only three rookie pitchers in the National League have struck out more hitters than Tony Cingrani this season. He struck out 28 guys and walked four in his first three starts withMore >>
Tony Cingrani, Cincinnati's top pitching prospect, returns to start in Louisville Thursday. Rick Bozich also discusses the future for U of L baseball and former Cards hoops' star Terrence Williams.More >>
Follow the WDRB Newsroom, Reporters and Anchors.More >>
Tweets from the WDRB Newsroom, Reporters and Anchors.More >>
Information contained on this page is provided by companies via press release distributed through PR Newswire, an independent third-party content provider. PR Newswire, WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
The latest research-based report on the European automotive leather sector has just been published and predicts that leather usage in Europe automotive seating is set for significant growth over the next five years to 2016.
This follows strong growth during the past five years to the point where, in 2011:
- Leather seating was fitted to just over 19% of European-produced cars and mixed leather (for example, leather/Alcantara) to an estimated 6%.
- Growth is expected to come mainly from the volume brands like Ford, GM Europe and Renault which are increasingly fitting leather (or mixed leather) as standard on their top-of-the-range models and offering it as an option elsewhere.
- This growth will be accompanied by major challenges, especially with regard to leather supply. There is likely to be upward pressure on hide prices, along with the need to purchase increasingly from non-European sources.
- Potential shortages of hides and the corresponding likelihood of higher prices are the main reasons behind the expected rapid rise in mixed leather fitment.
- It's probable too that the vehicle manufacturers will show increasing interest in some leather alternatives such as Alcantara (which offers differentiation, especially in sporting models) and the latest vinyls which provide strong competition to leather in terms of their appearance and properties.
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends