Spring is the time when many homeowners put their houses on the market. But every seller wants to know what it takes for a quick sale. Financial advisor Mark Lamkin from Lamkin Wealth Management has five ways to make your house irresistible to buyers.
With interest rates at record lows and buyers interest perking up, it's time to make your home more desirable to the market!
1. Touch up: Paint goes a long way for first impressions, and the first thing to consider are holes in the wall and or dirty and dingy areas, when furniture is moved. Cover holes, scuff marks, and nicks, and remember to stay neutral when selling. That doesn't mean just off white. Warm greens, browns and warm colors are fine. Stay away from reds, purples and harsh colors. They're not soothing and don't put folks at ease.
2. Fake Space: Buyers always want more for their money, and good realtors can help you stage a home to make it appear larger. For example, remove one piece of furniture like an ottoman or end table in each room. Take down worn drapes, empty closets by 2/3s to make them appear larger and clear all kitchen appliances off the counter. All of these will make your home feel open and spacious and help the buyer know they are getting a good buy!
3. Sprinkler: Run that sprinkler system, or if you don't have one, go ahead and spray down the yard, sidewalks and landscaping. It makes everything clean and shiny and gives great curb appeal. It's the little things that create a first impression, and pulling up to the house and seeing the lawn glisten is eye catching.
4. Colors: A good interior designer is worth the investment. It is not expensive, and they can help make your house look like a showcase.
5. Freshen Floors: Dirty carpets and messy floors immediately turn buyers off. People want to feel comfortable walking around barefoot in houses. And dirty carpets give the appearance they need to be replaced and COST MONEY. Clean carpets, clean all floors and make those dull hardwood surfaces shiny.
All of these tips will help you maximize the value of your sale with minimal investment and help you sell that house quickly.
Lamkin Wealth Management
5151 Jefferson Blvd., Suite 102
901 Lily Creek Drive Ste. 102
office: 502-961-6550 Office
toll free: 866-961-6550
"Securities Offered Through LPL Financial, Member FINRA/SIPC and an Investment Advisor"