Shively father comes home to find two children unconscious - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Shively father comes home to find two children unconscious

Posted: Updated:
The Shively home where a father found his two children unconscious from carbon monoxide poisoning on April 25, 2013. The Shively home where a father found his two children unconscious from carbon monoxide poisoning on April 25, 2013.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- It was a scary morning for one Shively father after he came home from work to find his two children unconscious.

Fire officials say his 17-year-old daughter and his 11-year-old boy had carbon monoxide poisoning.

The man was able to get them out of the house on Heaton Lane in Shively and to Kosair Children's hospital.

They're expected to be okay.

Firefighters say a carbon monoxide reading showed levels were extremely high. It's known as the silent killer, being both odorless and colorless. Officials recommend installing a detector where you sleep, and have your furnace or any gas appliances serviced by a professional.

Copyright 2013 WDRB News. All rights reserved.

  • Closed CaptioningMore>>

  • Closed Captioning Message

    Thanks to a grant from Norton Healthcare, this story and others are available in real-time closed captioning on WDRB.
    Thanks to a grant from Norton Healthcare, this story and others are available in real-time closed captioning on WDRB.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WDRB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.