NEW HAVEN, Ind. (AP) -- Northeastern Indiana authorities say a woman and a young boy were rescued from a burning second-floor apartment by police and firefighters.
Flames were shooting from a front window of the New Haven apartment when police arrived about 2:30 a.m. Friday and the woman lowered the boy to an officer from a back window.
The Journal Gazette reports firefighters soon arrived and put a ladder up to the window and helped the woman down. Officials said the woman and boy were not hurt.
Fire officials said the fire was caused by candles the woman had lit and left unattended in her apartment. Most of the damage was contained to one apartment and part of the building's attic.
624 W. Muhammad Ali BlvdLouisville, KY 40203