Sunday, March 9 2014 8:35 PM EDT2014-03-10 00:35:58 GMT
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) --- Louisville head football coach Bobby Petrino held a news conference before the Louisville-UConn men's basketball game Saturday to preview the start of spring football. The CardinalsMore >>
Petrino talked quarterback competition and the arrest of an incoming freshman, among other topics...More >>
Follow the WDRB Newsroom, Reporters and Anchors.More >>
Tweets from the WDRB Newsroom, Reporters and Anchors.More >>
Being ready to learn makes starting Back-to-School much easier. In this school smarts report, Keith Kaiser learns how to learn at the Langsford Learning Center.
The center had some simple tips to help your student.
1) Set up a study area dedicated to learning.
2) Choose age appropriate books. Be sure to consider the interests of the students, check the back of the book for information, look at websites that review books and discuss reading levels and remind students to create pictures in their minds while they read.
3) There are seven ways to know your child is learning to read the hard way: Parents who know how to "read the signs" can catch their child before any habits become ingrained. To learn more about the signs, click here.
4) What steps should you take if you think your child is not learning how to learn:
1. Understand what is going on yourself
2. Conference with your teacher
3. Assessment measure and learn how your child learns