LEBANON, Ind. (WDRB) -- Emotions ran high in the courtroom as David Camm's defense team tried to prove that Camm was playing basketball at the Georgetown Community Church the night his wife and two children were murdered.

The second witness of the day, David Camm's uncle Nelson Lockhart, testified that he was at his father's home across the street from Camm on the night of the murders.  He broke down talking about his father's love for Brad and Jill: "They'd be all over him and loving him."

During his testimony, Janice Renn, Kim Camm's mother, was seen weeping in the courtroom.  Many Lockhart family members were also weeping.

Nelson Lockhart tearfully recalled seeing the bodies of Kim, Brad and Jill in the Camm garage, saying, "I see Kim laying on the floor, her back feet toward the door on the passenger side."  He said she had blood around her head.

He said he felt Jill's body: "She was clammy."

He was asked, "Did you believe she was dead?"

Nelson Lockhart replied, "Yes I did."

He also testified that David Camm became upset and told him, "Why did I have to play basketball?"

Nelson Lockhart also criticized the investigation, saying that night he was hoping they'd have a police helicopter up and bloodhounds searching.

He admitted on cross examination that David Camm volunteered the information that he was playing basketball that night -- he wasn't asked.

Earlier, Tom Jolly took the stand for questioning.  Jolly has become an important witness for the defense in all three trials, because he claims he was in the gym where David Camm was playing basketball the night of September 28, 2000.

He says he's sticking to his story:  "I said the same thing today as I've said for 13 years -- that David was in the gym while I was there."

On the other hand, the prosecution questioned Jolly's memory from that night 13 years ago.  During cross examination, prosecutors asked if Jolly had met with any defense attorneys or family members to prepare his testimony.  Jolly answered that he had not.

Later Wednesday afternoon, the court heard testimony from Debbie Ter Vree, David Camm's aunt, who lived behind the Camm family.  She told jurors that her daughter Hannah, now 21, is roughly the same age as Brad Camm would have been. 

She said Hannah, Brad, and Jill were "best buds...playmates and friends" and would frequently be at each others' homes.  "You never knew which child would be running in the door," she said.

Ter Vree broke down, saying the Tuesday before the murders, the children were at her house drawing with chalk.  She added, "...that chalk was on my driveway for a long time after that."  She also said that some time after the murders, the Camm's dog was lost for three days, and that Hannah was upset because, as she put it, "that's all I have left."

She told jurors she never told police she heard three gunshots the night of the murders, that she heard "banging" noises.  She said on the night of murders, her daughter wanted to go play with the Camms but she wouldn't let her because she didn't think they were home.  "Thank God," she said.