Kentucky Lottery paying off for students - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Kentucky Lottery paying off for students

Posted: Updated:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The Kentucky Lottery is paying off for students, as the organization has handed out over $2 billion in scholarships and grants over the last 14 years.

By law, 55 percent of lottery revenue goes to the need-based College Access Program and Kentucky Tuition Grants.  The remaining 45 percent goes to the Kentucky Education Excellence Scholarship program.

Unclaimed prize money also goes into a reserve fund to help maintain the program's financial stability.

Copyright 2013 WDRB News.  All rights reserved.

  • Closed CaptioningMore>>

  • Closed Captioning Message

    Thanks to a grant from Norton Healthcare, this story and others are available in real-time closed captioning on WDRB.
    Thanks to a grant from Norton Healthcare, this story and others are available in real-time closed captioning on WDRB.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WDRB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.