Two men arrested after armed robbery at convenience store - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Two men arrested after armed robbery at Clarksville convenience store

Posted: Updated:
Brett Walker (source: Clarksville Police Department) Brett Walker (source: Clarksville Police Department)
Tyrone David (source: Clarksville Police Department) Tyrone David (source: Clarksville Police Department)

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Two Jeffersonville men have been arrested in connection with an armed robbery at a Clarksville convenience store.

According to Clarksville Police, one of the suspects entered the Save-A-Step located in the 100 block of South Clark Street just before 3 p.m. on Oct. 19.

Police say the man threatened the clerk with a weapon before leaving the scene in a vehicle described "as an old police car" driven by a second suspect.   Turns out the car was an older model Mercury Grand Marquis.

Major Darrell Rayborn with the Clarksville Police Department tells WDRB News, "One male entered the store demanding money, showed them what they appeared to be a long rifle, demanding money, she gave him the money out of the register.  He said, 'Naw, I want all your money,' so she ended up opening the safe and gave him the money out of the safe."

Using the license plate number, police learned the vehicle was registered to a Jeffersonville address. Jeffersonville Police located the vehicle and alerted police in Clarksville.

Tyrone S. David, 20, and Brett L. Walker, 22, were subsequently arrested. Both are charged with armed robbery, a Class B Felony. Walker is also charged with intimidation with a weapon, a Class C Felony. 

Police say they made sure a quick arrest because of the actions of a witness.   Lee Prevo is that witness.  She says, "A gentleman come running out of the, he didn't look right.

Prevo says it didn't look right so she decided to take action.  "Just the covering of the face and happened to be running pretty face to get away from the store."

Police say Walker is the man she saw running from the store.  "He was wearing his, had his shirt up over his face to his nose," Prevo explains. 

Police say David was waiting nearby in the white Grand Marquis and the two sped off.  That's when Prevo followed.

She says, "In my mind that's what set the alarm off that they did something they weren't suppose to be doing."

But the suspects eventually confronted Prevo.  She explains, "They pulled into someone's driveway and I happened to pull in behind 'em.  He asked me why we were following them and I just happened to say...tell 'em that I was wanting to make sure that they were okay."

Major Rayborn says, "Oh, I think it definitely helped, you know, they got the plate number, and followed them for a little in the neighborhood."

Rayborn says Prevo's description led them to the car, the suspects, the money and the gun. "I'm assuming they live with there grandmother, that's the house they went to, that was her car actually.  The gun was in the back of the car, it ended up being a BB gun.  The money was located in the jacket of one of the individuals in the house."

Meanwhile, Prevo says the decision to get involved was an easy one.  She explains, "I live here, my kids grew up here and I, there's nothing really much to say, It's my community, I would do it for anybody."

Copyright 2013 WDRB News. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WDRB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.