Cigarette blamed for deadly fire in Santa Claus, Indiana - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Cigarette blamed for deadly fire in Santa Claus, Indiana

Posted: Updated:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Fire officials say a lit cigarette may have caused a deadly fire in southern Indiana.

The home in Christmas Lake Village at Santa Claus, Indiana was destroyed in the blaze.

Officials say it the fire started when a disabled woman dropped a cigarette.

Police say 65-year-old Bryan Gregory died in the fire.

Gregory's 66-year-old wife Maureen Gregory was able to escape. Police say Bryan Gregory apparently passed out from smoke inhalation as he tried to get out of the burning house.

Maureen Gregory was airlifted to a Louisville hospital suffering from first degree burns and smoke inhalation.

Copyright 2014 WDRB News. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WDRB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.