Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
SOURCE Mobile Marketing Association
Leading Brand Marketers Show their Commitment to Mobile as Core to their Business and Marketing Strategies
NEW YORK, June 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), the leading global trade association for the mobile industry, announced today the addition of seven new industry leaders to its Global Board of Directors as well as renewals of a number of members for another term.
The addition of the high caliber of global marketers aligns directly with the MMA's recently announced 'marketer first' and innovation-focused mission and is the culmination of a strategic core part of the MMA's transformation plan. The board now comprises 80% CEOs and top 100 brand marketers vs. three years ago where only 19% of the board comprised CEOs and a single marketer, with the majority being mid-level managers.
Elected by the MMA's global membership, new board members will serve a two-year term beginning immediately. The new and re-elected board members include:
- B. Bonin Bough, VP, Global Media and Consumer Engagement, Mondelez International
- Kevin Burke, CMO, Visa
- Mary Chan, President, Global Connected Consumer, General Motors
- Luis Di Como, SVP, Global Media, Unilever
- Carolyn Everson, VP, Global Marketing Solutions, Facebook
- John Kosner, EVP, Digital & Print Media, ESPN
- Ilonka Laviz, Global Digital Marketing Director, Global eBusiness, Procter & Gamble
- Neal Mohan, VP, Display Advertising Products, Google
- Alex Moukas, CEO, Velti
- Jack Philbin, Co-Founder, President & CEO, Vibes
- John Trimble, CRO, Pandora
"This impressive list of companies and individuals is a reflection of the pivotal role of the MMA as a powerful force in leading the innovation of marketing and the transformation of business through mobile," said John Costello, Chairman of the MMA Global Board and President of Global Marketing and Innovation at Dunkin' Brands. "I am tremendously excited to work with the members of the board to drive aggressively against our core agenda and to deliver increased value to the broader global MMA membership."
Continuing board members, whose terms were not up for re-election include:
- Michael Barrett, CEO, Millennial Media
- John Costello, President, Global Marketing and Innovation, Dunkin' Brands
- Cameron Clayton, President, Digital Group, The Weather Company
- Jennifer Creegan, GM Brand Advertising, Online Services Division, Microsoft
- Tom Daly, Group Director, Global Connections, The Coca-Cola Company
- Scott Ferber, Chairman & CEO, Videology
- Jack Haber, VP Global Advertising & Digital, Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Simon Khalaf, President & CEO, Flurry
- Scott Kveton, CEO, Urban Airship
- Richard Sadowsky, CEO, Voltari
- Dipanshu Sharma, Founder & CEO, xAd
- Naveen Tewari, Founder & CEO, InMobi
- Alan Yan, Founder & CEO, AdChina
- Wanda Young, VP, Media & Digital Marketing, Walmart
"I am honored to be able to welcome this impressive list of marketing and media leaders to the Global Board of the MMA," said Greg Stuart, CEO of MMA. "The makeup of the new board fulfills on the vision we've had to completely transform and relaunch the MMA to be the global leader in supporting brand marketers effectively execute against their mobile marketing and business strategies. This list of incredible companies is a testament to our current membership and to the incontrovertible importance mobile now plays in marketing and advertising."
As part of the MMA's transformation, the MMA is aggressively implementing new programs that deliver against the three pillars of the MMA's mission to build capabilities, inspire innovation and prove the impact and effectiveness of mobile. The MMA is the only truly global media and marketing trade group and welcomes all companies across the mobile and marketing ecosystem to join the MMA's Mobile Transformation Movement
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The MMA is the world's leading global non-profit trade mobile marketing association comprised of more than 800 member companies, from nearly fifty countries around the world. Our members hail from every faction of the mobile marketing ecosystem including brand marketers, agencies, mobile technology platforms, media companies, operators and others. The MMA's mission is to accelerate the transformation and innovation of marketing through mobile, driving business growth with closer and stronger consumer engagement. Anchoring the MMA's mission are four core pillars: to cultivate inspiration by driving the innovation for the Chief Marketing Officer; to build the mobile marketing capabilities for the marketing organizations through fostering know-how and confidence; to champion the effectiveness and impact of mobile through research providing tangible ROI measurement; and advocacy. Additionally MMA industry-wide committees work collaboratively to develop and advocate global best practices and lead standards development. Mobile Marketing is broadly defined as including advertising, apps, messaging, mCommerce and CRM on all mobile devices including smart phones and tablets. Members include, American Express, AdChina, Colgate-Palmolive, Dunkin' Brands, Facebook, Google, Group M, Hewlett Packard, Hilton Worldwide, Kellogg Co., L'Oreal, MasterCard, McDonalds, Microsoft, Mondelez International, Inc., Pandora Media, Procter & Gamble, R/GA, The Coca-Cola Company, The Weather Company, Unilever, Visa, Vodafone, Walmart, xAd, Zenith Optimedia and many more. The MMA's global headquarters are located in New York with regional operations in Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA), Latin American (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC). For information about the MMA please visit www.mmaglobal.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
+ 206 369 9017 – E: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.