BOZICH | Ten final NBA Draft thoughts and predictions
None of those teams made the Final Four. Imagine how much howling you’d hear if that had happened to a team coached by (name your favorite coach on the hot seat).
Just wondering if Mike Krzyzewski, Tom Izzo, Jim Boeheim and Steve Alford get a pass.
6. Warning: Creighton forward Doug McDermott will be one of the top 10 picks and somebody will compare him to A) Adam Morrison; B) Gordon Hayward; C) Wally Szczerbiak or D) a Caucasian shooter to be named later.
7. CBS college basketball analyst Greg Anthony says that McDermott will be one of the three best players in this draft class. I say he’ll be doing well to be one of the 10 best.
8. Michael Carter-Williams was drafted 11th last season and won the NBA rookie of the year award. The player most likely to be drafted outside the top 10 this year and win the 2015 rookie of the year award is … T. J. Warren of North Carolina State.
9. James Young had 10 turnovers and four assists in six NCAA Tournament games. Young shot 43 percent during Kentucky’s run to the national title.
Scouts are undervaluing Young’s UK teammate, Julius Randle. They’re stretching by including James Young in the lottery. His ball-handling and passing are questionable at a position that demands both skills.
10. Russ Smith to the Washington Wizards with the 46th pick in the second round. WDRB.com readers (46 percent) predicted Smith would most likely be taken from 31-to-45, although 37 percent said he could be taken late in round one.
Copyright 2014 WDRB News. All Rights Reserved.