Jeffersonville family escapes early morning house fire
The Jeffersonville Fire Department got the call around 3:45 a.m.
Chief Eric Hedrick says a woman walking on Mechanic Street noticed the upstairs of this home on fire and started banging on the door. A husband, wife and four kids made it out safely.
The homeowner says the fire destroyed her son's room - and some of their belongings are now gone.
"Seeing that room, and the fact that he got out literally five minutes after we got out we watched the upstairs collapse into itself we watched flames shooting out, and seeing that, I care a whole lot less about the stuff."
The red cross is putting the family up at a hotel for three nights.
Right now the fire department does *not suspect fireworks were involved. The fire marshal, though, is still investigating.
Copyright 2014 WDRB News. All rights reserved.