LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- He says he got the idea from Facebook. Now a Kentucky teen is warning others not to make the same mistake he made.


This 15-year-old says he didn't know what to expect when he poured rubbing alcohol on his chest and lit it on fire. "I don't know, I wasn't thinking really," the boy told WKYT.


He says he got the idea after seeing videos of something called ‘The Fire Challenge’.


The teen suffered second and third degree burns.  


Lexington parents who have seen Fire Challenge videos on Facebook say things like this are one of the reasons they keep a close eye on what their children access.


“I monitor his Facebook account, so any social media that he's on, I’m on. He knows he cannot have it unless I can see it,” one mother said.


Lexington firefighters say this is the first time they've heard of the fire challenge.


Copyright 2014 WDRB News. All rights reserved.