1 cup Granulated sugar 1 cup Powder sugar 1 cup Butter softened 3/4 cup vegetable oil 2 Tablespoons sour cream 1 Tablespoon Vanilla 2 eggs (room temp.) 4 1/4 cups Flour (all purpose) 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon Cream of Tartar 1/2 teaspoon Salt 1/4 cup salt (I prefer course Kosher salt) 1 cup halved pecans or walnuts melting Chocolate ingredients for making caramel !/2 cup Butter 1 cup packed brown sugar 1/4 cup milk 1 teaspoon Vanilla 3 cups Sifted powder sugar
1) In a medium sauce pan melt butter add brown sugar. Boil for 2 minutes stir constantly. Stir in milk bring to a boil stir constantly.for 2 minutes cool
2) In large bowl mix in the first 7 ingredients with an electric mixer medium speed till well blended
3) Stir in remaining 4 ingredients( except the 1/4 cup salt) stir well.
4) Shape dough into 1-1/2" balls place on ungreased cookie sheets (I prefer to use parchment paper to line cookie sheets) 3" apart flatten to 1/4" thick using the bottom of a glass.
5)Bake 10-13 minutes until set and edges are just beging to brown. Remove immediately to cooling rack
6) coat cookies with caramel sprinkle lightly with salt place 1-2 walnut/pecan halves on top melt chocolate and drizzle on top of nuts.