Heater eyed as possible cause of early morning house fire - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Heater eyed as possible cause of early morning house fire

Posted: Updated:
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A space heater may be to blame for an early morning house fire in the Park Duvalle neighborhood.

Firefighters were called to a home on Hemlock Street about 4 a.m.  When they arrived, they found a home in flames. A man was able to get out of the house with minor injuries. He was taken to University Hospital with burns to his hand and foot.

Assistant Fire Chief Lieutenant  Colonel Carroll Haueter tells WDRB that the man was using a kerosene heater, and they are looking at that as a possible cause. There were no smoke detectors in the home.

The man says he was the only person in the house, but firefighters were also looking for a woman who lives in the home.

Copyright 2014 WDRB News. All Rights Reserved.


Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WDRB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.