KONZ | Veteran Noe Middle educator Jennifer Cave named the schoo - WDRB 41 Louisville News

KONZ | Veteran Noe Middle educator Jennifer Cave named the school's new principal

Posted: Updated:
Jennifer Cave took over as Noe Middle School's new principal on Monday, Dec. 8, 2014. Jennifer Cave took over as Noe Middle School's new principal on Monday, Dec. 8, 2014.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) – Parents and students at Noe Middle School had a familiar face greeting them as their new principal on Monday.

Jennifer Cave, who 18 years ago began her teaching career at Noe, was named the school's new principal last week.

"This is a very special place for me," Cave told WDRB News on Monday. "I am very excited about this new role, there is so much pride in this building. I've seen a lot of growth and a lot of students flourish. We will continue to be a place that is dedicated to helping kids reach their full potential."

Cave, 40, replaces Janice McDowell, who was named an evaluation and transition coordinator in Jefferson County Public Schools. McDowell now works in central office under assistant superintendent Paige Hartstern. 

In that position, McDowell is helping teachers with the state's new teacher evaluation system, which includes a variety of tools such as classroom observation, self-reflection, student feedback and monitoring student growth.

Noe, located in Old Louisville on Lee Street, offers a visual and performing arts magnet program and the district's only middle school gifted and talented magnet program. It has an enrollment of 1,350 students -- with nearly 60 percent enrolled in one of the school's magnets. The other 40 percent are students who reside in the area.

Cave had served as an assistant principal at Noe before applying to become principal.

"When I was working as a teacher, I started to take on a variety of leadership roles and I found that I really liked working to help not just my students, but other teachers as well," she said. 

Cave is one of three new principals named by JCPS last week. 

Scottie Collier is the new principal at St. Matthews Elementary School, replacing Shannon LaChappelle, who is the new assistant director of pupil personnel in JCPS central office.

Keary Walker is the new principal at Jeffersontown Elementary School, replacing Larry Hooper, who is now an evaluation and transition coordinator and works under assistant superintendent Michelle Dillard. Walker is the former principal at Western Middle School.

Reporter Antoinette Konz can be reached at 585-0838 or @tkonz on Twitter.

Copyright 2014 WDRB News. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WDRB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.