UPDATE: Man killed in PRP apartment fire identified
Firefighters believe the fire started on the stove in the kitchen.
Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 3:25 am EST
Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 3:19 pm EST
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Officials have released the name of a man who died after his apartment caught fire late Monday night.
Thomas Chalifoux, 53, died from smoke inhalation in the fire, which happened at an apartment building on Carnae Court in Pleasure Ridge Park, according to officials.
Chalifoux's apartment was the only unit in the building that was damaged.
Firefighters believe the fire began on the stove in the kitchen.
Authorities say there was a smoke detector in the apartment.
Copyright 2015 WDRB News. All Rights Reserved.