Bathroom graffiti puts Eastern Kentucky University on alert
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A Kentucky university is on alert after a threat was written in a bathroom stall.
Eastern Kentucky University Police say the writing implies harm may come to members of the University community next Wednesday. Authorities are monitoring the threat.
Anyone with information including who may have written it should call EKU Police.
The Eastern Kentucky University Police Department released a statement Tuesday afternoon:
The Eastern Kentucky University Police Department is currently investigating this incident and will be working with local, state and federal agencies regarding the specifics of this case. EKU Police is also working with the EKU Student Assistance and Intervention Team and University Administration to investigate any possible connections to this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to call EKU Police at (859) 622-1111.
The department added the following tips for staying safe on campus:
- Immediately report suspicious persons loitering around University facilities.
- If you become the victim of a crime, do not try to physically detain or apprehend the criminal. Report the incident immediately to the EKU Police Department at 911 or (859) 622-1111.
- On or off campus, walk/jog/bike in groups of three or more in well-lit and well-traveled areas. After dark on campus, call the campus shuttle or for a walking escort. You can contact the campus shuttle at (859)
- Scan the area before you exit or approach your vehicle/building and while you proceed between sites.
- Have your key ready in hand to quickly access the door of your vehicle/building.
- If strangers approach, maintain a distance and be observant. If they are in a vehicle, get the license plate number, if possible.
- Lock doors and windows of your room/building. Do not prop open doors or let strangers in.
For more information regarding important safety precautions as they relate to actual or potential violence, visit EKU Emergency Management.
Copyright 2015 WDRB News. All rights reserved.