Crews respond to fire at U of L's School of Music
Officials say the fire happened inside an elevator and smoke has spread throughout the building.
Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 11:08 AM EST
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) - MetroSafe confirms emergency crews responded to a fire at U of L's School of Music on Wednesday morning.
A U of L student sounded the alarm after spotting signs of flames on campus. "I saw an orange glow and there was a funny smell. It was at the top right. I thought it was just a light setting on dim, but then I realized that it wasn't," said U of L sophomore Price McGuffey, who alerted others and pulled the fire alarm.
Firefighters say a small light inside an elevator shaft sparked the fire. It's not clear what caused the light to malfunction.
The building was evacuated as a precaution.
Students and staff were allowed back into the building at around noon.
No injuries were reported and there was no structural damage.
Copyright 2015 WDRB News. All rights reserved.