LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- It's been five days since flames destroyed a warehouse at GE's Appliance Park in Louisville and small fires continue to pop up.

Building Six is still smoldering and it looks like investigators could be on scene for a month -- if not two.

"We're actually able to work in the area of origin," said Major Henry Ott with Louisville Metro Arson.

He says the cleanup will not be a quick process.

"This is always a tandem thing,” said Ott. “We're still working on the scene."

The scene is still very active, with small fires the size of pallets that keep smoldering. It all started Friday in Building Six which is about 700,000-800,000 square feet.

Investigators are focused on one section of it not far from Poplar Level Road.

"We put a lot of faith in our firefighters that respond and they place the origin at a specific location," Ott said in a news conference Wednesday.

Investigators are working a 40,000 square foot area near the southwest corner of the building. The alarms tripped in that location and witnesses laid out what they saw on social media.

"There were postings,” said Ott. “We were able -- after a while -- to confirm that those photographs were taken in the general area that we're concentrating on."

Crews are removing the side of building and roof to see what's under it. Ott points out there were sprinklers in the warehouse but the fire may have been too much for them to handle.

“I believe that they worked but how well they worked is something we're still looking at we're trying to formulate," said Ott.

Ott says nothing points to arson. It could have been lightning or a building malfunction that sparked the fire, but he says it's still too early to tell.

He also says both GE and Derby Industries, the company that leases the building, are cooperating and investigators are still interviewing employees. Determining the cause could take months.

"Nothing is eliminated we are still considering everything that possibly could have happened," said Ott.

Investigators say the cleanup process for GE, when it comes to tearing the building down and taking things to the landfill, could take three to six months.

Copyright 2015 WDRB News. All rights reserved.