Barnstable Brown home prepped for Derby-eve gala
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- On Friday, dozens of celebrities will walk the red carpet at the Barnstable Brown Gala in the Highlands.
Setup has been going on all week to get ready for the party, put on by Chris Barnstable-Brown's family.
He says work began two weeks ago behind the scenes, with decorations starting this week, but the plans have been place for a long time.
“The moment the last party ends, they're working on the next one,” said Chris Barnstable-Brown.
This is the 27th year for the gala, where you can see some of your favorite celebrities, like Tom Brady.
“He's one of our good friends and comes every year, and he told me a couple years ago, if we win the Super Bowl, he always comes with his old buddies, he's like, if we win the Super Bowl, I'm bringing my new teammates. So he's bringing Rob Gronkowski, and Julian Edelman and a bunch of the new guys who helped him win this year,” said Chris Barnstable-Brown.
The list also includes Aaron Rodgers, Brian McKnight, Tara Lipinski, Richie Sambora and many other celebrities.
This will be the second year Sambora has attended. He's auctioning off another guitar with a Kentucky Derby theme.
He'll take the stage to perform and it's typical for other celebrities to join in on the fun.
“You know the first person to ever to do it, which was 20-something years ago was John Goodman the actor, jumped up there and started doing Blues Brothers things, and ever since then that's been the personality at the party. Just turns into a jam session,” said Chris Barnstable-Brown.
Chris Barnstable-Brown says celebrities spreading the word about the party helps bring in new people.
He calls it a Kentucky party that helps with a bigger cause.
It has raised approximately $10,500,000 for the Barnstable Brown Diabetes and Obesity Research Center at the University of Kentucky.
Chris's father, the late Dr. David Brown, had a long battle with diabetes.
He founded the party with his wife, Patricia Barnstable Brown, and her twin sister Priscilla Barnstable.
As for the event, the media company Condé Nast calls it one of the top 10 best parties in the world.
The star studded bash is held at the Louisville, Kentucky home of Patricia Barnstable Brown, who co-hosts the event with her twin sister Priscilla Barnstable.
The 2015 lineup includes:
- Tom Brady
- Aaron Rodgers
- Richie Sambora
- Brian McKnight
- Robert Herjavec of Shark Tank
- Kym Johnson of Dancing With the Stars
- Stephen Amell
- Kendra Wilkinson and Hank Baskett
- Johnny Gill
- Johnny Weir
- Tara Lipinski
- Josh Henderson
- Victoria's Secret model Lindsay Ellingson
- Boyz II Men
- Darryl "DMC" McDaniels
- Clay Walker
- Terri Clark
- Ron Isley of the Isley Brothers
- Morris Day
- Travis Tritt
- Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr.
- Mary Wilson of the Supremes
- Liam McIntyre of Spartacus
- Joey Fatone
- Montgomery Gentry
- Julie Benz
- Rob Gronkowski (New England Patriots)
- Wes Welker (Denver Broncos)
- Julian Edelman (New England Patriots)
- Danny Amendola (New England Patriots)
- Vince Wilfork (Houston Texans)
- Randall Cobb (Green Bay Packers)
- Clay Matthews (Green Bay Packers)
- Matt Cassel (Buffalo Bills)
- University of Kentucky Basketball Stars:
- Andrew Harrison
- Aaron Harrison
- Devin Booker
- Dakari Johnson
- Karl-Anthony Towns
- Willie Cauley-Stein
- Erik Johnson (NHL's Colorado Avalanche)
- Julius Randle (Los Angeles Lakers)
- Nerlens Noel (Philadelphia 76ers)
- Joel Embiid (Philadelphia 76ers)
- D'Angelo Russell (Ohio State/NBA Draft)
Copyright 2015 by WDRB News. All rights reserved.