Pet owner: Dog died after being left in Petco drying cage - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Pet owner: Dog died after being left in Petco drying cage

Posted: Updated:

POWHATAN, Va. (AP) -- A Virginia woman says her dog died while being groomed at a Petco store, and the company says it's investigating the incident.

Multiple media outlets report that Allison Marks dropped off her two-year-old golden retriever, Colby, at the store in Chesterfield for a regular grooming Saturday.

Marks, of Powhatan, says that when she called to check on her dog, she was told to meet an employee at a nearby animal clinic. Marks says a veterinarian there told her he believed Colby had died of a heat stroke.

Marks says she believes the groomer washed her dog, then left him inside a heated cage dryer for an extended period.

A statement released on behalf of Petco says the company is investigating. Chesterfield Animal Control also has launched an investigation.

Copyright 2015 WDRB News. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WDRB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.