By the numbers: Every Triple Crown winner's post-Belmont career
But, as Eric Crawford asked on Sunday, what's next for the prized 3-year-old?
Owner Ahmed Zayat sold American Pharoah's breeding fees to Coolmore Ashford Stud outside Lexington, Ky. However, he has racing rights through the end of this season.
Trainer Bob Baffert said he will continue racing this summer, with a potential final race at the Breeders Cup Classic in Lexington in October.
But Baffert seemed to indicate American Pharoah wouldn't run more than three more races in his career.
So how does that compare to the 11 other Triple Crown winners?
Here's a list of how many races each horse ran and won after the Belmont Stakes:
1. Sir Barton - 21 races, 9 wins
2. Gallant Fox - 6 races, 5 wins
3. Omaha - 7 races, 4 wins
4. War Admiral - 15 races, 13 wins
5. Whirlaway - 33 races, 18 wins
6. Count Fleet - 0 races, 0 wins
7. Assault - 27 races, 11 wins
8. Citation - 25 races, 14 wins
9. Secretariat - 6 races, 4 wins
10. Seattle Slew - 8 races, 5 wins
11. Affirmed - 13 races, 9 wins
*Information courtesy of Daily Racing Forum
It's easy to see that, discounting Count Fleet, who did not race as a 4-year-old, American Pharoah will run fewer races after the Belmont Stakes than any other Triple Crown winner in history.
Copyright 2015 WDRB News. All rights reserved.