LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A vigil and walk will mark a somber anniversary tonight.

Sixteen-month-old Ne'riah Miller shot and killed one year ago today while sitting with her mother on the front porch of their home. 

Her mother survived the shooting, and Trey Anderson and Michael Dunn face murder charges. Two others are charged with complicity to murder, assault and wanton endangerment. 

The balloon release and peace walk begin at 6 p.m. tonight at 37th and Market Streets. 

Court Documents

The group of men who would eventually shoot Cierra Twyman and her daughter Ne'Riah Miller, killing the toddler, initially began yelling at a group of people hanging out front of a neighboring apartment building before unleashing a hail of gunfire toward that group, according to witness statements.

Six to eight men began shooting at the group in front of a house at 120 S. 37th Street -- one witness described hearing about 20 shots -- and then one of the men ran up onto Twyman's porch and began firing within a few feet from Twyman and her child, according to witness statements in court records released Thursday.

At least one witness, according to police, identified two of the shooters as William McLemore and Demarkus Tramber. Those two, along with Trey Anderson and Michael Dunn, have all been charged with murder, assault, attempted murder, and several counts of wanton endangerment.

Police said Anderson admitted driving to the shooting and told detectives that Dunn was also involved, according to a search warrant affidavit, part of more than 300 pages of evidence released Thursday.

While police spoke with Dunn and Anderson, there is no summary or transcript of the interviews released in the evidence this week. However, police said they heard Dunn tell his girlfriend, who was also interviewed by police, that he “[expletive] up” and “indicated the gun was at his mother's house,” according to court records.

All four men have pleaded not guilty.

Copyright 2015 by WDRB News. All rights reserved.