BOZICH | My college football Top 25 -- with a new number one
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) – Top 25 turmoil? There is certainly a little. Ask Nick Saban.
Five Top 25 teams were beaten over the weekend – four by other Top 25 squads. It only seems like more because of the way Ole Miss treated Alabama.
No more delays. Here is my Top 25.
1. Mississippi (14 last week) – Tricks, talent, tenacity. The Rebels had it all in Tuscaloosa, where only the home team is supposed to score 43 points.
2. Ohio State (1 last week) – Is Ohio State of 2015 the Florida State of 2014? I heard a radio host on ESPN raise that question early Sunday morning.
3. Michigan State (5) – Spartans have to be encouraged by what Northern Illinois did in Columbus.
4. TCU (3) – SMU scored 37 on the Horned Frogs? Not impressed.
5. Baylor (6) – The Bears gained a spot without playing. That’s a good week.
6. Georgia (7) – ACC football? The Bulldogs are thriving with a Virginia castoff at quarterback.
7. Notre Dame (8) – When will injuries derail the Irish? Not yet.
8. Florida State (9) – Still looking like the class of the ACC.
9. Louisiana State (10) – See you in New York City Leonard Fournette. Practice your Heisman pose.
10. Oregon (11) – The Ducks could score 60 points with Phil Knight at quarterback.
11. UCLA (13) – Survived BYU – and that’s all that matters.
12. Clemson (12) – Didn’t look like a Top 15 team against Louisville, did they?
13. Oklahoma (15) – The Sooners avoided a post-Tennessee letdown against Tulsa.
14. Alabama (2) – Now the Crimson Tide will have to do what Ohio State did last season, overcome an early defeat to make the playoffs.
15. USC (4) – The Trojans were out-toughed by Stanford.
16. Miami (18) – Tried to give the game back to Nebraska, but the Huskers wouldn’t take it.
17. Utah (19) – Quietly moving up the pecking order in the Pac-12.
18. Texas A&M (20) – The Aggies have the next shot at making Arkansas coach Bret Bielama look stupid.
19. Georgia Tech (16) – Really thought the Yellow Jackets would win in South Bend. I was wrong.
20. Northwestern (22) – Winning in the classroom and on the field against Stanford and Duke.
21. Temple (23) – The Owls are 3-0 and likely to go to 5-0 with games against Charlotte and Tulane.
22. Toledo (25) – The win at Arkansas doesn’t look as dazzling after Texas Tech also handled the Hogs.
23. Arizona (NR) – The Wildcats have a Show Me game against UCLA Saturday.
24. California (NR) – The Bears made Charlie Strong’s week miserable by scoring 45 to beat the Longhorns in Austin.
25. Brigham Young (17) – Can’t banish the Cougars for a one-point loss at UCLA.
DROPPED OUT: Auburn, Western Kentucky.
Copyright 2015 WDRB News. All Rights Reserved.