Fire damages Momma's Mustard, Pickles and BBQ in St. Matthews
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A kitchen fire damaged a popular St. Matthews restaurant on Sunday.
We're told around 95 people were inside Momma's Mustard, Pickles and BBQ on Bauer Avenue when the fire started around lunchtime, but no injuries were reported.
The store's manager, Cleveland Compton, tells us it started near the stove and was confined to the kitchen.
"It was just one of those freak accidents," Compton said. "We (were) all in there cooking. Next thing we know we saw a bunch of smoke. We just cleared everybody out until the firemen got here."
The restaurant will likely remain closed for around two weeks, possibly longer. Employees at the Bauer Avenue location will be given the opportunity to pick up shifts at the store's location on Hurstbourne Parkway.
Copyright 2015 WDRB News. All Rights Reserved.