LOUISVILLE, Ky (WDRB) -- "I'm 99.9 percent pretty damn sure I'll never be caught."

That’s what 21-year-old Christopher Winstead Jr., also known as CJ, said in a phone call to a friend on Aug. 28, almost two months after police say he murdered a Louisville homeless man.

"We got out and then I came up behind him and knocked him out, got my knife and just went to town on him,” Winstead told his friend in the phone call that was recorded by police.

Police say Winstead is describing the murder of Fred Baker. Baker's body was found in southwest Jefferson County on July 8, just off Blevins Gap Road. According to documents, Baker was stabbed at least 15 times, mostly in the face.

Almost two months went by with no arrests, leaving Baker's family with no answers.

"I would just like to know why, the reason, the why,” said Stanley Baker, the victim’s brother.

LMPD detectives then started getting information about CJ Winstead.

Winstead recounted the night of the killing to his high school friend during that Aug. 28 phone call.

"I haven't even thought about it to be honest with you. I didn't forget about it but it hardly ever crosses my mind anymore,” said Winstead.

Friends told police that Winstead had said in the past he wanted to know what it would be like to kill someone.

Winstead says he drove around downtown Louisville for three hours the night of July 7, looking for a victim. That's when he stopped to get gas and spotted Fred Baker. Knowing he was homeless, documents say Winstead offered Baker $50 if he would go help him move a dryer.

"I totally took advantage of that. It was the only way I could think to get him in my car. I couldn't just go up behind him and knock him out in the middle of a gas station,” he told his friend on the phone.

At the time, Winstead was working as a valet at a downtown hotel.

His life went back to normal while police pieced together information provided by those close to Winstead.

What's most chilling, is Winstead told his friend during the phone call that he has no remorse

"I don't regret it, it doesn't ever keep me up at night or anything. I mean sure, sometimes I think about it and try to 'relive the moment.'

He even goes on to say there might be a next time.

 "I'm not gonna say I'm not gonna do it again but maybe next time I'd like for it to be a little more planned out,” said Winstead.

Winstead is in jail awaiting a Dec. 1 court date.

That phone call is what prosecutors hope will keep him behind bars.

Copyright 2015 WDRB News. All rights reserved.