LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Louisville Metro Police say they've arrested a man weeks after he stole $700 worth of jewelry from a man who died in the emergency room.

According to an arrest warrant, it happened on Oct. 7 in the emergency room at University of Louisville Hospital. Police say a man was being treated at the hospital, when 39-year-old Antoinne Miles took $700 worth of jewelry.

Police say Miles, "was identified on surveillance video leaving the operating room with the victim's jewelry after the victim was deceased."

Miles was arrested last night, after he crashed a car at Fourth Street Live!

Police say that, just before 8:30 p.m., officers were dispatched to the corner of 9th Street and W. Chestnut Street, after someone reported that kids were throwing rocks through a window at the YMCA at that location.

When officers arrived, they say they saw an open door on nearby Village West Drive. Police shined a spotlight on the door -- and Miles started a vehicle and turned the lights on, according to an arrest report.

When police spoke to him and tried to identify him, he allegedly began making "furtive movements," put his car in drive, and swerved out of the parking lot and over a curve, "nearly striking the officer, causing risk of serious physical injury or death."

Police say Miles then began to drive northbound on Village West Drive, then eastbound on W. Muhammad Ali, driving the wrong way on a one-way street.  This action caused, "severe risk of serious injury or death to all 13 passing motorists," according to the arrest report.

Miles then allegedly drove northbound on S. 4th Street, "causing risk of serious injury or death to two pedestrians," due to the fact that the street was closed, police say.

He eventually wrecked his vehicle into a barricade on 4th Street and tried to run away, before police eventually captured him.

Miles was arrested and charged with one county of first degree wanton endangerment of a police officer and 15 counts of first degree wanton endangerment. He was also served an arrest warrant in connection with the alleged theft of jewelry on Oct. 7.

Miles appeared on court Christmas Eve morning. He pleaded not guilty.

Copyright 2015 by WDRB News. All rights reserved.