Hoverboard catches fire in crowded Texas mall - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Hoverboard catches fire in crowded Texas mall

Posted: Updated:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A hoverboard caught fire inside a crowded Texas mall, and shoppers captured the incident on camera.

It happened Dec. 28 at a kiosk that was selling the popular device. In the video, you can see a security guard using a fire extinguisher to put out the flames. 

No one was hurt, and the mall reports no serious property damage.

Mall management is now deciding whether to continue to allow the sale of hoverboards in the middle of the mall. 

This the latest in a series of reported problems with hoverboards catching fire.

Copyright 2015 WDRB Media. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WDRB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.