VIDEO: Owensboro, Ky. man burned when e-cigarette explodes in hi - WDRB 41 Louisville News

VIDEO: Owensboro, Ky. man burned when e-cigarette explodes in his pocket

Posted: Updated:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A man says an e-cigarette exploded in his pocket, causing serious burns. 

Surveillance video from a Shell Gas Station in Owensboro, Ky. shows Josh Hamilton buying snacks when his pocket explodes. 

"He was giving me money. He put his hand in his pocket and suddenly there was a blast in his pocket. There was fire. Big fire and he was burning," gas station employee Jassie Singh said.

Hamilton ran out the door and struggled to get his pants off as Singh came out from behind the counter and sprayed him with a fire extinguisher. 

Another customer drove Hamilton to the hospital. He has second degree burns on his leg, but is able to walk. 

Copyright 2016 WDRB News. All rights reserved.

  • Sign Up for WDRB's Sports Newsletter

    * denotes required fields

    Thank you for signing up! You will receive a confirmation email shortly.
Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 WDRB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.