RADCLIFF, Ky. (WDRB) -- At least two fire departments were on the scene of a large business fire in Radcliff, Kentucky, Wednesday afternoon.

Shortly before 1:30 p.m., crews were called to a fire at Osage Express at 4582 S. Wilson Road in Hardin County.

Both Elizabethtown Fire Department and Radcliff Fire Department were on the scene.

The fire burned for hours, but authorities tell us no buildings were affected. The plant breaks down plastics and cardboard, and it is believed that it was that material that burned in the fire.

"The wind was kind of blowing, next thing I was like 'uh oh is it going to shift and come my way?'" said Craig Skaggs who lives next door to Osage Express. "We kind of seemed lucky it stayed away from the houses."

There were no injuries.

Firefighters were challenged by strong winds, which caused the fire to jump around.

Radcliff Fire Chief Jamie Henderson said the fire was caused when an overseas buyer of materials was testing a product. He said the company does that by burning a small portion of the cardboard or plastic. That small flame was never extinguished causing the larger blaze.

"Boy it was a lot of excitement around here," said  Skaggs. "I'm used to seeing something like this on the tv but not in the backyard."

Firefighters were still putting out hot spots late Wednesday afternoon, but had the fire well under control.

Copyright 2016 by WDRB News. All rights reserved.