LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A Louisville man has been arrested nearly one week after police say he left the scene of an accident that killed two teenagers.

On the morning of Tuesday, April 19, a car with three passengers crashed into a fire hydrant along Poplar Level Road near Business Park Drive.

According to LMPD, the driver was likely speeding, and after the crash, he ran from the scene, leaving the passengers behind.

Ellisa Lucas, 17, and Christian Smith, 18, both died at a hospital.

“All you can do is remember the good memories, because that’s all we’ve got left now,” said Kerry Fearrington, Ellisa’s brother. “My little sister’s gone. Seventeen years of my life. That’s my baby.”

“She wasn’t afraid to try anything. She wanted to live her life to the fullest,” said Don Smith, Christian’s father. “I want to see justice.”

An arrest warrant was issued for the driver, Malik Caldwell, 19, on Friday, April 22.

Caldwell was arrested Monday. He was charged with leaving the scene of an accident, failing to maintain required insurance and driving a motor vehicle without an operator's license.

“You crash the car, you turn around and see people dying, and you run away? That’s heartless,” Fearrington said. “I mean, where’s the murder charges? Where’s the manslaughter?”

“He could’ve possibly helped pull them out. Or at least called 911 sooner,” said Angelique Smith, Christian’s mother. “Even though it’s really hard, I’m really trying to forgive him, because my baby’s gone now. But he needs to know, the choices that he made were not the right choices.”

Police say they received tips on the LMPD anonymous tip line -- and all of them identified Caldwell as the driver. The surviving passenger also allegedly identified Caldwell as the driver, from a photo lineup.

Police say the vehicle was not registered to Caldwell, and he did not have a valid driver's license or valid insurance.

Caldwell is expected in court later this morning.

Copyright 2016 by WDRB News. All rights reserved.