KONZ | Three JCPS meetings scheduled related to code of conduct, salary review
JCPS has scheduled three meetings in the next week pertaining to student behavior, code of conduct and the recent discussion over salary.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Jefferson County Public Schools has scheduled three meetings in the next week pertaining to student behavior, code of conduct and the recent discussion over salary.
The meetings, tweeted by board member Stephanie Horne, are as follows:
- The JCPS Code of Conduct Committee will meet at 8:30 a.m. May 20 at Gheens Academy, Room 112
- The Superintendent’s Summit on Behavior Systems will be held from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday, May 23 in Gheens Academy in Flex Room A
- The MAG (Management Advisory Group International Inc.) Forum on the Compensation Study is scheduled for 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, May 23 in Stewart Auditorium at the Van Hoose Education Center
As of Monday morning, JCPS had not yet sent out advisories for these meetings, so it's not clear if the public or media is invited. I have inquired with the JCPS communications office to ask, as soon as I know, I will let you know.
Update: As of 11:30 a.m. Monday, JCPS says all three meetings will be open to the public. They will send out advisories later in the week.
- Superintendent Donna Hargens addresses turmoil within JCPS
- Hundreds pack JCPS board meeting to protest proposed changes
- KONZ | Thousands expected to protest, rally at tonight's JCPS board meeting
- Petition to oust JCPS superintendent Hargens reaches thousands of signatures
- JCPS administrator: Community should be 'outraged' about high salaries
- JCPS schools hold walk-ins to protest salary freeze, code of conduct proposals
- Unions unite to battle JCPS recommendations to freeze salaries, loosen code of conduct
- 200 students walk out of PRP High School in support of teachers
- JCPS employees, parents slam district over recommended salary freeze
- JCPS student discipline policies may ease
- JCPS releases comprehensive salary study, could freeze salaries
Reporter Antoinette Konz can be reached at 502-585-0838 or @tkonz on Twitter.
Copyright 2016 WDRB News. All rights reserved.