U of L football fans told "clear bag policy" in effect at Clemson
Fans are being told about rules in place at Memorial Stadium on Saturday.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- University of Louisville football fans traveling to the game with Clemson will have rules for getting into the stadium.
With the number of fans anticipated to make the trip to Memorial Stadium in Clemson, S.C., Louisville and Clemson officials are reminding fans about the Clear Bag Policy in effect at the venue. While fans are encouraged to leave bags outside the stadium, permissible items to carry into the stadium are outlined below:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” (Official Louisville/Clemson logo clear plastic tote bags are available at local retail stores), or
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- mall clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand (no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”), with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
- All season ticket holders will receive one approved clear plastic tote per account.
- Fans will still be able to continue their normal tailgating activity on campus.
- Patrons will still be able to carry other items into the stadium such as binoculars, cameras, and smart phones, but their carrying cases will NOT be allowed.
- Stadium cushions and seatbacks are still permitted. Seatbacks and cushions with arms or any pockets will not be permitted.
- Prohibited items include, but are not limited to artificial noisemakers, backpacks, non-clear bags or purses, banners/flags/flag poles, coolers, outside food or beverage, umbrellas, weapons of any kind, or any bag larger than the permissible size.
The game is expected to be one of the top matchups this season, and it will be part of ESPN's College Game Day.
Copyright 2016 WDRB News. All Rights Reserved.