Replacement Samsung phone injures Nicholasville man - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Replacement Samsung phone injures Nicholasville man

Posted: Updated:

NICHOLASVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- For the second time in Kentucky, a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has overheated and started smoking.

Michael Klering from Nicholasville says he woke up Tuesday morning because of a hissing sound. 

When he opened his eyes, the bedroom was filled with smoke.

After a nationwide recall of the phone, he says he recieved his replacement Samsung Galaxy Note 7 about a week before it caught fire.

"The phone is supposed to be the replacement, so you would have thought it was safe. It wasn't plugged in or anything, it was just sitting there," Klering said.

On Wednesday, an alleged replacement Note 7 also started smoking on a Southwest flight in Louisville, forcing everyone to evacuate.

After that incident Samsung officials said, "Until we are able to retrieve the device, we cannot confirm that this incident involves the new Note 7."

Copyright 2016 WDRB Media. All rights reserved. 

  • Sign Up for WDRB's Sports Newsletter

    * denotes required fields

    Thank you for signing up! You will receive a confirmation email shortly.
Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WDRB. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.