JCPS Application Period for Next School Year Now Underway
The initial period for students to apply for enrollment in the Jefferson County Public School (JCPS) District for the 2017-18 school year is now underway.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The initial period for students to apply for enrollment in the Jefferson County Public School (JCPS) District for the 2017-18 school year is now underway. The application period launched today and ends January 6.
Applications should be submitted for the following students:
· All children entering kindergarten
· Elementary school students who wish to apply to an optional/magnet program or school
· Students entering or currently in middle school or high school who wish to apply to an optional/magnet program or school
· Students for whom an application was previously submitted but whose family has since moved, thus creating a need to resubmit using the new address
· Students entering a Jefferson County public school for the first time
Families should register by visiting the JCPS website and clicking Register & Apply on the homepage. Applications can also be submitted at the JCPS Parent Assistance Center at 4309 Bishop Lane.
For the first time, JCPS has also launched a predictability tool for families to use when making their choice among elementary schools within their cluster. Parents can answer a few questions online and receive information on how likely applicants with similar circumstances received their first choice in the past.
Additionally, the JCPS Mobile Registration Bus will hit the road this week in an effort to help students and their families register for the 2017-18 school year.
The bus, which is equipped with laptops and Internet access, will make its first of 16 stops on Tuesday, Nov. 1, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., at the George Unseld Early Childhood Learning Center (5216 Ilex Ave.). A complete list of JCPS Mobile Registration Bus stops is available online here.
Families also have the opportunity to tour prospective schools during an open house or tour. The schedules for elementary, middle and high schools are available here.
Parents who have questions regarding the school registration process may call the JCPS Parent Assistance Center at 485-6250.
Copyright 2016 WDRB Media. All rights reserved.