BOZICH | My weekly AP College Basketball Top 25 poll
Louisville and Indiana both lost last week. How far did Rick Bozich drop the Cardinals and Hoosiers in his weekly AP college basketball poll ballot?
LOUISVILLE, Ky (WDRB) — This will be a fun week for college basketball fans as well as one that will shake and stir the Associated Press Top 25 poll.
On Tuesday and Wednesday, enjoy the annual ACC-Big Ten Challenge, which will feature games like Purdue at Louisville and North Carolina at Indiana.
On Saturday, unbeaten UCLA visits unbeaten Kentucky.
Here is my AP Top 25 ballot as the week begins.
1. Villanova (6-0) — I was tempted to bump North Carolina in the lead spot, but call me Old School: I grant respect to a defending national champs respect until they lose it.
2. North Carolina (7-0) — But I reserve the right to change my mind and put the Tar Heels on top after seeing this team in person Wednesday at Indiana.
3. Kentucky (6-0) — By the end of the week the Wildcats should be two games ahead in the Pac-12.
4. Virginia (6-0) — Nobody has scored more than 52 against the Cavaliers.
5. Kansas (5-1) — Josh Jackson has started to show why the recruiting gurus slobbered over him.
6. Duke (6-1) — Still waiting for Mike Krzyzewski’s team to get healthy.
7. Gonzaga (6-0) — Added wins against Florida and Virginia Tech to the one they grabbed against San Diego State. Nice resume.
8. Baylor (6-0) — You could argue that the Bears have earned more love than this by beating Oregon, VCU, Michigan State and Louisville.
9. Louisville (5-1) — The Cards have a Show Me game with Purdue Wednesday.
10. Indiana (4-1) — The Hoosiers have a Show me game with North Carolina Wednesday, but will James Blackmon Jr. play?
11. Purdue (5-1) — Caleb Swanigan vs. Jaylen Johnson will be a fun matchup.
12. Creighton (6-0) — The Bluejays could be the best in a dynamite Big East.
13. Saint Mary’s (5-0) — No Top 25 wins yet, but an interesting trip to Stanford Wednesday.
14. Xavier (6-0) — Four of the six wins have been by less than 10.
15. Florida (6-1) — The loss was by two to Gonzaga, the wins were impressive against Seton Hall and Miami.
16. Wisconsin (5-2) — A lot of people are going to finish second to North Carolina as the Badgers did in Maui.
17. UCLA (7-0) — We’ll see what the Bruins have in Rupp Arena Saturday.
18. Butler (6-0) —We saw what the Bulldogs had when they toppled Arizona.
19. Arizona (5-1) — This team is a mystery with freshmen, injuries and guys who are missing time.
20. Oregon (4-2) — Lost once in Maui and could have easily lost one or even two more.
21. West Virginia (4-1) — Played a stinker against Temple. Bob Huggins knows how to fix that.
22. Rhode Island (5-1) — Former Indiana reserve Stanford Robinson is giving the Rams about 6 points and 3 boards per game.
23. South Carolina (6-0) — Whacking Michigan and Syracuse in the same week is a good week for Frank Martin.
24. Iowa State (5-1) — No shame losing to Gonzaga by two.
25. Notre Dame (6-0) — You now what the Irish are going to do— share the ball, find good shots and make some threes.
Copyright 2016 WDRB Media. All Rights Reserved