BOZICH | My weekly AP college basketball Top 25 ballot
Are Louisville, Kentucky and Indiana all Top 10 college basketball teams? Rick Bozich shares his weekly ballot in the AP college basketball Top 25.
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) — Scheduling alert: It is Finals Week across most of college basketball.
Plan your activities accordingly because there is a lack of quality midweek games.
The schedule picks up some muscle over the weekend when Kentucky plays North Carolina, Indiana faces Butler and Purdue meets Notre Dame.
Until then, here is my latest ballot in the Associated Press college basketball poll.
1. Villanova (10-0) — The Wildcats were in trouble against Notre Dame — until they weren’t. Josh Hart is stirring early support for Player of the Year.
2. Baylor (8-0) — The Bears took the entire week off — and won’t be tested until they play Oklahoma Dec. 30. No problem. They’ve done plenty so far.
3. UCLA (10-0) — If you like shooters and you like scoring, you like the Bruins.
4. Kansas (9-1) — How long will Carlton Bragg remain suspended? Bill Self has not said.
5. Duke (10-1) — Some people insist this is actually the best team in the country. They might be right.
6. Kentucky (9-1) — John Calipari says his team will start three-a-days soon — and one session should be reserved for making three-point shots.
7. Indiana (8-1) — Will OG Anunoby keep his spot in the starting lineup with his healed ankle? Tune in Saturday against Butler.
8. North Carolina (10-1) — A two-point home win over a Tennessee team that lost to Chattanooga? Ugh.
9. Louisville (9-1) — A reader suggested that the Cardinals need rebounding instruction from Rodney McCray. Yes — and Charles Jones, too.
10. West Virginia (8-1) — Bob Huggins is perched one win from 800. I miss those annual visits from Huggs. Don’t you?
11. Gonzaga (10-0) — Ken Pomeroy is projecting a 27-3 record for the Zags.
12. Creighton (10-0) — The Bluejays get Villanova at home on New Year’s Eve.
13. Wisconsin (9-2) — Al McGuire would not be pleased at the way the Badgers keep showing Marquette who is boss of their home state.
14. Purdue (8-2) — The Boilermakers get Notre Dame Saturday in Indianapolis.
15. Virginia (8-1) — Losing Austin Nichols has not seemed to hurt the Cavaliers — yet.
16. South Carolina (8-0) — It’s fair to doubt the Gamecocks’ schedule but not the way they defend.
17. Oregon (8-2) — The Ducks are slowly playing their way up the rankings again.
18. Butler (9-1) — Former Ballard star Kelan Martin is delivering a monstrous season for the Bulldogs.
19. St. Mary’s (7-1) — The Gaels play at home against WKU Wednesday night.
20. Notre Dame (9-1) — Mike Brey is a Zach Auguste or Luke Harangody away from having a Top 10 team.
21. Florida State (10-1) — The Seminoles took their first step toward the state title by handling Florida by five Sunday.
22. Virginia Tech (8-1) — Who did Mike Krzyzewski annoy? The Blue Devils open ACC play in Blacksburg on New Year’s Eve.
23. Arizona (8-2) — Ken Pomeroy has the Wildcats finishing ahead of Oregon, but behind UCLA, in the Pac-12.
24. Florida (7-3) — Losing to Duke? I can accept that. Losing to Florida State, even on the road? Not a good sign for SEC play.
25. Xavier (8-2) — Road losses to Baylor and Colorado are a reminder of why standard operating procedure is never to leave home in December.
Copyright 2016 WDRB Media. All Rights Reserved.